peezkaboom

Thursday, October 28, 2010

What I have learnt today (26 Oct)

What I have learnt today (26 Oct)

I've chosen the topic "Discuss the trends and developments on cyber counseling on youths" for this project. In the past, I never knew cyber counseling existed and hence, the unknown drew me into choosing this topic. Secondly, I got to know many different internet resources, some of which I've never tried before. For example, RSS and podcasting, FTP archives and etc. Also, some of the examples given are useful when I do my research in the future. For example, if I wanted to find out about educational issues, I can go to AskERIC database website.

After reading briefly on cyber counseling, I've learnt that few people, be it male or female like to ask for help. The reasons can be their pride, fear of shame, being shy and etc. Hence, some might turn to cyber counseling, so that their real identities wouldn't be exposed. However, I felt that cyber counseling has its limits and cons as well. For example, people are "hiding" behind the computer screens too often, cyber counseling might not be as effective since there isn't direct interaction between people and hence, it is harder to fully understand the situations and give advices accordingly. In my personal opinion, asking for help isn't "shameful" at all. No one is perfect and everyone needs help in something. Hence if we really want to solve a problem, we should ask for help. Once you make the first step, the rest will be solved gradually. 

Lastly, the most important thing I've learnt today is that, internet researching is much deeper and far more from what I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home