peezkaboom

Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflection (27 Oct)

Reflection (27 Oct) 


Were you impressed by google’s search functions/features? Why? 


I was semi-impressed by google's search features. I have been using google for quite a few years already, hence I was somewhat familiar with its basic features like searching for images, using the translation page and etc. However, through EIR, I got to know google in a more detailed way. For example, I didn't know that there was the "advanced search" function where I can fill in more details to get more precise results for my search. 

After today's lesson, I've learnt that there are certain techniques to using a search engine to find the desired results, like typing in only the keywords and making use of "AND" and "OR". I felt that there is so much more to explore and I felt that technology is definitely an essential part of our lives. Without technology, we would be frogs in a well. Also, I am sure that after going through EIR, internet researching would be easier and faster. 

Why must you do citation and bibliography?

When we quote or use sentences created by others, we should put in citations so that we give credit to them instead of taking the credit ourselves. If we don't cite the documents, it is akin to "stealing" the works of others and stealing is a crime. Just try to imagine all the hard work that you've put in being stolen by others.



                                                                                                                                           



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home