peezkaboom

Friday, October 29, 2010

Virtual shopping on Second Life

Port Seraphine

The whole space was well-organized and it was a building with many different rooms. All the rooms are named and has a "signboard" that clearly states what is it for.


The decorations resembles a classic hotel or an opera stage and has a luxurious look to it. For example, there are chandeliers, curtains and wooden flooring. The furniture were placed neatly and not clotted together, hence it has the simple and neat look. Lastly, the colors used are not too loud or childish.

Just by toggling the view, I can have a clear view of everything, hence it saves time to find where I am interested to go to. The first room I went into was the "Dresses & Outfits" room.

The images of the outfits are laid on the walls of the room, some were on stands around the room. I felt that this arrangement makes it slightly inconvenient to view the outfits. To be able to view the outfits, I must toggle the view, move and stop. If I want to view every outfit in the room, I must repeat the steps continuously, which I thought was kind of tiring.

Also, I thought it would be better if the outfits could be displayed in 3D forms instead of 2D.

Besides shopping, there are other facilities like a swimming pool and a "Love" room for people to socialize.



The "pool" has a palace feel to it, with pillars surrounding it and torches on the wall, which I liked.



Besides walking around, there are additional objects like the float and swing for users to interact with, for free. Users can purchase diving suits and etc.

In total, I've used approximately 1 hour to fully explore the whole place, which is not too long or short. Another thing I liked about Port Seraphine is that there wasn't any music playing when I went in. I would prefer peace and quiet to listening to songs that I might not like. Hence, overall I enjoyed the tour around Port Seraphine.

However, throughout the whole tour, I've met only 2 other users. I guess different people have different personal preferences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home