peezkaboom

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Reflection (Practical 6)

Do you think it is more effective to search the invisible web (databases) than using search engines, meta-search or subject directories? Why?

In my personal opinion, I think both are equally effective and have their own strengths. Search engines are more convenient and easier to access as databases require users to log in. On the other hand, search engines can only find information on the visible web, while databases contain the rest of the information
(500 times larger) which might not be found using search engines.

Will you use the invisible web (databases) for research in your own respective Diplomas? Why?

Yes. However, I'll use search engines and meta-search first and if I can't find any strong and relevant information, I'll switch to databases. The reason to this is that search engines are more convenient to access and hence saves time. If I needed only basic information, then I think there's no reason to use databases.

What have you learnt from your wiki experience during this practical?

Basically, through all the exercises, I've learnt the basic functions of wiki, for example the "easy edit" tool and etc. Also, I've learnt that wiki is all about teamwork, while you can help others, you can sabotage them as well. Hence, sharing can be a wonderful thing or a disaster as well.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home