peezkaboom

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reflection (Dream Holiday)

I went to Greece in Second Life and I took photos of the places I liked..

The first stop was the ancient buildings beside the sea.
Beside those buildings was a holiday resort.
Next was an open space which looked very different from local scenery and city.
Then they had snow on the field and a castle, which can't be found in Singapore.

Overall, the cities were very different from Singapore and had the ancient city look to it. Hence, I liked it except for the lagging and loading of items in Second Life.

For my dream holiday, I chose Italy and the website I chose to evaluate is 'Destination360.com'.

The arrangement of the website is well presented and the thing I liked most is the navigation on the left. Since I was unfamiliar with Italy and didn't know where to go exactly, the navigation is especially useful.

For example, it shows the various things I can do in Italy, the attractions, places to shop and etc. There are also photos of tourist attractions in the middle of the page. Hence, I didn't have to search for all these information myself.

   
They even recommend and some of the hotels in Italy.                                                                                   
Lastly, there is a search toolbar that allows users to choose which country/region they are interested in. This saves time since users do not have to switch to other websites if they change their mind on their destinations.

In overall, I evaluated the website using the various criteria : coverage and presentation and arrangement.

Lastly, the reason I chose Italy as my 'Dream Holiday' is that I was curious about the leaning tower of Pisa and since I liked arts, I was interested to go to the city of Arts, Venice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home